Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Letter from E. Simonson

We got an awesome letter from Jake yesterday...but it is a little too long and a little too personal to share all of it with you. I will share some, and post a few of the pictures that he sent. He sent his whole card home with about 174 pictures and a dozen or so videos...and as you can guess, most of them are beautiful buildings and grand architecture! We don't know a lot about all the pictures, but here are a few I thought I would share. This first one was actually taken in the MTC, but who would have known that they would be companions soon after in Charleroi, Belgium?
This is Elder Schmutz and Elder Simonson.
In his letter he writes this: "So a little more about my week and being companions with E. Schmutz. We are learning lots...this week we realized we needed a lot of help from Heavenly Father. Throughout the whole week when we had questions or didn't know what to do...we would ask each other and when neither of us had answers we would ask the Lord. It was really good, we really searched the will of the Lord."
This is of one of Jake's favorite people, Elder Von Allmen
Jake told us about him..."Elder Von Allmen is so awesome, he is from Switzerland and he has always been near me. In Brussels he was my Zone Leader and then when I moved down here he became my ZL here. He is so good and he speaks perfect English, French and German. The first time in Brussels when I met him I didn't believe him when he said he was Swiss...he sounds just like an American!"
These next two pictures were some of the
investigators they had in Brussels.

Jacob's first companion and trainer, Elder Musters from Canada, and their first apartment in Brussels.

This was Jake's first day in Belgium, a couple of pictures that he took with the Pres. as he took the new missionaries around to a few places.

3 comments:

Mark and Sherri said...

Kristi,
Jake looks so good! Don't you just love pictures from those missionaries! Glad you have a blog so that we can follow how he is doing....since you live so far away. Ferro's moved last week and are in their new place. I miss being VT partners with you.
Sherri

Kristi said...

Sherri! So glad to hear from you... and see your blog! I told Jake about Jeremy, he was pumped! Where did Ferros go?? I NEED to know! write me back.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Loved seeing Jacob's pictures, and hearing about his letter. He looks sooooo good!! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Love You!