Saturday, October 3, 2009

My little 3:30 am Miracle!

As many of you may know...I have been writing Jacob through my personal email account since I got my new Blackberry, because it's a special treat to get buzzed around 2:30 - 3:30 in the morning when he replies to my letter and sends his.  My phone rings and I get to read his letter 'hot off the press'!  Well, last night, I wrote him on my home computer and just wrote on my regular bksimonson address and sent the letter...knowing that he would respond to that same address, and I wouldn't be buzzed...but that was OK.  I would get it first thing when I got up in the morning.  Well, long story short...Around 3:15, I woke up and looked at the clock and rolled over to go back to sleep, and all of a sudden I remembered that it was the time that Jake usually sends his letters...so I got up, went to the bathroom and then went in to the computer to check the mail.  Sure enough, there was a letter there...and as I began to read...he said that he was not able to open up his old email account and had to change to a new address:  jvonsimonson@myldsmail.net.  For some reason he could not bring it up...so he had not recieved any letters from home.  I looked up at the delivery time for the letter and it said 3:26.  It was now just 3:30!  I pulled up the letter I had sent to the old address, and typed in the new address and sent it, thinking that he probably would be gone and not get the letter until next week, but then I said just a short little prayer...Heavenly Father, please let Jacob get my letter...and in seconds an email popped up and said:  "Did you just get this on your Blackberry and forward my letter to me?  Respond quickly if you can???"  I responded that I had actually just woken up and happened to get his letter minutes after he had sent it, but I don't think he got this one... Another email popped up and said, "I don't know how I got this letter...but  I promise to write you a letter in response and send it to you.  Thank you!!!"  I was so grateful that he wouldn't have to go a week with no letter, and so grateful for a little prayer at 3:30 in the morning that was answered...Jacob would just say...."Another Miracle!"  So true.

4 comments:

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Love it! John and I need to send him a letter!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Thanks for sharing your little 3:30 am miracle -- and I know they DO happen, I have experienced several of those "unexplainable" time element miracles. Isn't prayer wonderful?? Sometimes I call it "on the wings of prayer" delivery.
Loved reading Jacob's letter, we are always anxious to hear from him. What a GREAT missionary he is!!!!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

We LOVED Jacob's letter -- what wonderful experiences he is having!! And having great success in his missionary work!!
Altho' I didn't like the TITLE to much, sounded like Jacob was not to impressed with Gen. Conf. (which was very misleading, because you could tell he loved it).

Kristi said...

In the modern world, Mom..."Sick" is extremely awesome!