Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

Today is my youngest son, Jacob Von's, Birthday!  He is 21!  What can I say?  My baby boy is all grown up...Jake has always been a joy to me.  He was my buddy when he was just a little boy and all the other kids were in school.  When the older kids started getting married and such...Jake would play and hang out with the new family members, always enjoying life and inventing new games.  When everyone was married or on missions, and Jacob was left here all alone with Brent and I...that was when I really enjoyed having him here.  I remember many nights when he would pop some popcorn and say, "Mom, come watch this show with me!"  And we would sit on the couch together and watch and talk...he has a great sense of humor, he is kind hearted, a hard worker, devoted friend, very loving, randomly funny, and a true joy in our lives!  Even though he's far away right now...I hope he has a wonderful day..."Jake, I love you!"
My son, Elder Simonson....serving in the Belgium Brussels/Netherlands Mission
and the France Paris Mission.
Jake....the early years...and the "hair" years!






2 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Oh, how cute -- even if he is a boy!! He has always been such a joy to be around -- I always called him our "chameleon," because he always had the ability to get along with whatever age group or whomever he happened to be around. Some of that has contributed to his being a GREAT missionary, I think.
I hope he knows we are thinking of him today!! And feels our love!!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Happy Birthday Jake!!!