Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Arrivals...

Well, the end of July has come and gone, and we are well into August with Fall right close behind!  Here in Inkom, school starts in just 5 short days, and I'm not liking the part about summer being over!  It was way too short!  A lot of things have been happening these last few weeks, so here's the summary:
We have a new grandbaby!  
 Pierce Von Larsen made his arrival on July 27th.
I had a day in between the Dworshak trip and Florida to get some clothes washed and packed and then it was time to fly out!  It was good to see Tess and Jake and the little girls!  I even had a few memorable encounters along my way!  I ran into John Wayne Shultz (American Idol contestant) in the Salt Lake airport.  He was also a missionary in the same mission as the Nelson's in our Ward, so I led with that!  We had a nice visit and he was very sweet and fun to talk to!  Then when Jake picked me up in Orlando, we all of a sudden noticed a black truck in front of us with a "Prisoner Transport" person standing next to it...and low and behold, he was taking hand cuffs off from Casey Anthony!  I guess she had been in hiding, and no one knew where she was, but we saw her being transported to the airport that night...just 20 ft. in front of us!  So those were my airport encounters.
Anyway...it was wonderful to be there with Tess and we got to go to Stake-n-Shake first thing!
 Addi and Brielle
It was not long after we got home from lunch that we took Tanessa to the hospital, and she delivered Pierce even before suppertime!  Super quick!  He weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz., was 21" long and was born at 5:03 p.m. 
 He is such a doll!

While I was in Florida, Brent was busy finishing up his big concrete order.  They got them all installed on Saturday, July 30th. 
 Kitchen area
 Bathrooms and hand painted sinks...
Wet bar and laundry room.
 They all turned out great!  He got them in just in time to go for a motorcycle ride, get tipped off, and break his other collar bone!  lol  (He is mending quickly and is almost as good as new!)

Along with our little trip to Dworshak came the arrival of our new pickup!!  Well, new to us.  Brent sold our pickup just days before our trip, so we had to hurry and buy another one so we could go! 
 We were able to find this Avalanche in Salt Lake and we rather like it.  I have affectionately named it G.G. (gas guzzler), but it has a lot of power, and the leather seats inside are nice and comfortable, so I guess we will enjoy it for awhile!

Also, on August 15th my mom and dad celebrated their 59th Wedding Anniversary!   So I will wish them a very happy anniversary here.  They are wonderful parents, so giving and loving!  I appreciate all they do for us and are so very proud to call them "Our Family".

(My Mom will kill me, but she sent me her official Anniversary picture...and this is what I got!)
While they were out celebrating, mom stubbed her toe on some uneven ground and took a fall...right on her face!!  She says she is doing better, but she doesn't look so hot to me!!  Get well soon, mom!

4 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

I sent that via email so EVERYONE wouldn't see it. Shame on you for blogging it!!!!!

Kristi said...

Well, to be fair...not EVERYONE sees my blog!! Just family! I had already told the kids about your accident, so the picture wasn't that much of a biggie! I'll take it off if you wish!

Jacob said...

Nope haven't you heard mom once it's out in cyberspace you can never take it off. ha just teasing I wanted to see the picture too and I didn't get a special e-mail! By the way who makes such a cute little man....oh yeah I do!!

kate said...

You have absolutely adorable grandkids!!! Congratulations!