Monday, October 13, 2008

Same OLD, Same OLD...

Life is about the same here. Every day is pretty quiet on my end, sometimes endless days and long evenings with only a cell phone to hear another person's voice...but I keep busy and I find life pretty enjoyable (lonely, yes, but still enjoyable).   On Brent's end, endless days of work and then more work...but I told him the other day that this is what will keep him young. If he stops, he'll just age and then get old. 
 Speaking of old...Yes, it's true...even the best get old! My son in law was the first to tease me about being old...but I thought he was just kidding...cause you know, I don't feel old. But the other day when we were out driving and we snapped a picture of the two of us together (rare occasion, I know) I thought, "Who are those old folks in the picture!" So ya, I guess we are getting old, but you're only as old as you act or feel, so I guess that makes us young!









Ok, so I switched pictures...cause I think that one made us look older than we really are...so, I chose these!

8 comments:

Jacob said...

For your guys real ages you still look pretty young!!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

You both look good to us, and you better believe it!!! Just remember to enjoy the journey.

We look and feel the OLD aging, but we can still keep going and out work most of the couples here in the mission. We creak and groan a lot, but we're still active. Life has been good to us and we're grateful to have "young and energetic" kids like the two of you!

Trisha said...

Man! You guys look older than I remember. Peace Out.

Kristi said...

Thanks Daniel!!

Chantz H. Davis said...

Hi Kristi! Just saw your coment on Chelsee's blog! You look great by the way! Hope your parents are doing well, sounds like they are. How do you know matt and janis? Matt is Tonna's son if you remember Tonna. my email is mutt104@hotmail.com. I haven't started blogging yet - too busy I guess. But i love looking at other folks! Great to hear from you - even in a round about way!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

I LOVE the 2 new pictures you posted. You look so glamorous and I really love Brent's smile!!! We don't often see that big smile. Tho' please leave the other one too, I like it.

We love you two and appreciate all you do for us and all you do for your kids and grandkids -- you are great parents!
Love Ya'

Blanchards said...

Hey Kristi! Thanks for saying hi...I hope it was not Danny who teased you about looking old?...Who is that guy's eye doctor??? You are one of the most youthful looking grandma of 8 I know. You ought to know Danny is full of it by now anyhow. :) Rachel

Elder Gary and Sister Linda Bennett said...

I think that picture was taken on a "bad" day because you really don't look that old - that picture didn't do you justice. I like the ones you posted later. That's more like it. Old is ---- OK, even fun!