Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My LAWN!!

I know that probably no one cares about lawns the way I do...or so Brent seems to think...but I have an obsession with lush, thick, green lawns that are cut pretty long, and have the prettiest lawnmower swaths.  Yes, I am totally jealous of Pres. Troy's lawn, and also the Brower's!  So I have bugged and bugged Brent to fertilize, to spray, etc. etc. etc. for the last 4 years...and finally, about 2 weeks ago, I took matters into my own hands and headed up to Blackfoot to the Co-op to get me some of that "magic fertilizer"!
Well...my lawn finally looks just lucious!!  I mowed it on Saturday, and again today...it had already grown a good 3".  Anyway, since no one is here to sink their toes deep into it or to see it (Clint won't even drive up...) I thought I would post some pictures!  I'm sure pictures don't do it justice, but here you go anyway!!

These last few are of my flower beds...they are looking pretty good from last year's planting.  
We only had a few plants die that had to be replaced.
And yes, that's clover you see in the last picture.  Brent sprayed last night, but it hasn't killed it yet...just made it curl a little which makes it stand out in pictures...but soon it will be DEAD!   Yay!   I love my lawns!  I hope they will stay looking this good for the rest of the summer, but of course we have had tons of rain and cool weather too, so they probably won't!  Thanks for bearing with me...I know...I'm strange!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Ahhh, it looks really nice. I like a nice lush yard too. One that you just can't keep your shoes on. Looks good and if this rain keeps up I might get to see it in a month.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

OK!!!! The lawn is gorgeous -- and we got to see it after you mowed it on Saturday. It looks wonderful, tho' Dad thinks you'll work yourself to death mowing it -- it will grow faster than you can groom it. HA! HA!

Kristi said...

I would mow it every single day...I wouldn't care!

Rebecs said...

Wow! It really does look great, job well done! I for one am also a lawn admirer/lover. I'm always nagging my HOA to make our lawn prettier. I loved seeing pictures of your yard/views, so pretty! Luckily I will get to see it in person in a few weeks!

I must take a minute to compliment Brent on the counter tops. They look fabulous! Happy belated Birthday Clint! I loved that post. And lastly, have fun picking Jake up. How exciting!

Katie said...

I think your lawn looks excellent. You know...if I could I would drive out and see it and walk in it. :)