Friday, July 25, 2008

AnoThEr DaY!

Yes, it is another Friday...but not just any other Friday...Today is the day that Jake and Brent left for FLORIDA!  I have been giving Jake a hard time about it all week, and every time I would say the word FLORIDA, I would yell it really loud.  It has become our little joke.  So they left this morning about 6:30 and will drive as far as they can get, hopefully to at least Cheyanne Wyoming, but maybe into Nebraska.  Brent said he didn't want to drive all day, just to be in Wyoming, cause that didn't seem like a very good start! Ha! They got the truck all packed (very expertly I might add) and got the car all hooked up, with a few 
cigarette lighter converters for their computer and DVD player, a 
GPS, Jake's ipod, and two coolers full of drinks, a big goodie bag from Jake's mom, and a little pillow for their heads...they were off.  Not before a few tears on Grandpa's part when he had to hug Tessy goodbye and then kiss that little girl bye-bye!  He was a sad puppy!

ELDER JACOB:  Friday also means that we got email from Jacob!  Yay!  A lot of you put the emphasis this week on writing to him on Dearelder.com, and we put the big push in to see if he could get the most letters!  What we forgot about was the 24th holiday in Utah!   (Boo)  So he said that he would probably get letters when he got home from the temple today, that will still be a great gift.  He seems to be doing excellent and seems to love the work he's doing.  Go to his blog and read, and then just keep writing!  You're all such good support, thanks!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

I bet Grandpa cried. We all know that Addi is his favorite!!!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Addi is one that wraps her little strings around your heart real tight, we will all miss her so much. And of course, Tanessa and Jake too. Tess has been such a big part of our lives and we love her dearly. I guess we should be glad we're in NY so the parting isn't so hard on us. I hope they get settled quickly and that they will like it there.
Thanks for the blogging helps, Kristi
Love, Mom

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

I guess I'll have to comment about Jacob on your blog. I REALLY enjoyed Jake's letter, it made me laugh and cry at the same time. He is so neat, and will be the greatest missionary!! He is like he use to be when he was young -- love everybody and everything, and enjoy it to it's fullest. Wow! what a sweet guy! I'll try to get a letter off to him soon. We love him and are so proud of him. Kudos to Mom & Dad for such a great kid!!!
Love you, Grandma H.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Kristi!! Thanks so much for the comment! It really was sweet of you!! I hope I will get to see you or run into you soon! You always make me laugh! Ryan really enjoyed meeting you when Jake & Tess were moving, he thought you were funny!! Tell Brent hi for us and take care!!