Monday, July 21, 2008

BleSseD!

There are many times in your life that things just seem to come to a halt and you have to take a step backward and analyze what you see!  This has been one of those weeks.  I have had a very long, quiet, lonely week, many days when I didn't see or talk to another person, except for a phone call here and there.  It has made me reflect on a lot, mostly on a spiritual nature...how truly blessed I am.  So here are some of the things I have thought of and appreciated in the last week:  
I am grateful for technology...a life where we can hear and see what is happening to those we love and are far away from.  
I am truly blessed with wonderful children (and that includes those that were not born to me, but have given freely of themselves to be a part of my family!)  I was not a great mom, but I truly have GREAT children.  Thank you for being the best you could be inspite of me, and if love alone could make you great, then I will take credit for that, for I honestly love you all. 
I have a remarkable husband, one that supports me and loves me, again...inspite of me.  One that I could NEVER have the energy or the ambition to accomplish the things he does, but one that I am learning to love more and more each day.
I have been blessed with an honorable heritage, of which my parents are a part of!  So grateful that my ancestors chose to have the gospel in their lives, and that it was handed down to me, by way of parents who are a loving example to me every day.  I will never be as great as they are, but I have been blessed by their GREATNESS and their humble honorable lives, Thanks!
I am grateful for health and energy to do the things I need to do, and the things I want to do.
I am blessed to be called "Grandma" by 8 adorable, sweet, loving human beings.
I love walking in the morning and looking out across the valley with the majestic mountains and the green farming valleys below, and the beautiful veiw I see reminds me of how truly small I am in the scheme of things.  Although my life seems like everything to me...it is not that big of deal to someone else.  I am grateful for perspective.
I am blessed with granduer.  I am truly blessed to live in a beautiful home, a beautiful place, with wonderful 'things of the world'...I may not be rich...but I am definately not POOR, and I am truly, truly blessed with an abundance, which I recognize daily.
I know I have said how wonderful my children are...but at this time, I am really grateful for Jacob.  He has been a great companion to me these past few years when the others have gone on to married lives.  He was my 'buddy' when they all went off to school, and still so later on.  I am lonely many times because he is not here, but truly blessed by his enormous spirit and his unconditional love for me.
I am blessed to have people that care about me...imagine that!  I am awed that there are some that do care about me...I don't feel worthy, but I am blessed because of that.
I have reflected on the people that I have loved in my life...I have been so lucky!
I know that God loves all people, so that must mean he loves me too...so for that, I am so grateful, and again...blessed.

4 comments:

Rebecs said...

That was really nice and you were a good mom (at least from what I saw and heard).

Thanks for coming to the wedding, and the nice wedding post. We really loved having you there (as always) and just LOVE your family!

Trisha said...

We love ya mom. It is good to see that you are seeing some good out of this. Just think, in a few weeks you can come see me and you won't be lonely anymore.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

To my dear, sweet daughter: What a wonderful letter of gratitude!! I know where you're at, because I've been there -- and sometimes it's gray and lonely, mostly it's with gratitude. And God has been so good to all of us , to have such wonderful children and grandchildren (& in my case, great-grandchildren). How grateful I am and proud of your sweet family -- all so dedicated to the gospel and their families. They ARE wonderful kids!!! Our love & thanks to you and Brent for raising such an outstanding family. How blessed you both are. Our love to all. MOM & DAD

The Hamblin's said...

What a great time for you. I know that sometimes it's lonely but when Kristin comes back for school she can come down and help with your lonliness. Shw will be missing grandma and grandpa. We are very busy here. This next week we are all going different ways. I will be gone for 2 weeks to Alaska with my parents and sisters. Kevin and boys to encampment and Kelley to her cousins. You won't see much on my blog because of that but I will have lots to say when I get home. If my children turn our half as good as yours I will be blessed. If I can be as good of a mother as you. We will all be blessed. We love you, Edith Ann