Tuesday, August 12, 2008

VacATioN!


I've been on a little vacation at Trisha's and Danny's house since last Tuesday.  I felt like I wanted to get away and do something before summer was completely over!  Since Jake came home we helped my mom and dad pack up their house and leave on a mission, we helped Jaron and Heather move from Boise into their house, then I was busy getting a missionary ready and everyone visiting for his farewell, then taking him to the MTC!  Next we went to Jana's wedding, and then it was time to pack Jake and Tess up and send them on their way, only to leave the next morning for girl's camp!   With Clinton and Katie moving back to Blackfoot and starting the construction of their house, Brent has been gone a lot and I have been busy.  I have had a full summer, a lot of fun times, and a lot of emotional times also, but none of them were a true VACATION!  So I appreciate that Trisha and Danny have allowed me to come and move in on them for what I call my 'vacation!' 
It has been fun to see the kids again...my grandkids are the best aren't they?!  Getting hugs and kisses from Ali and Grant are wonderful, and Danny had this weekend off from work, so he was pretty accommodating to plan a couple of fun outings and take 'grandma' along!  Thanks Danny and Trisha!!!  
On Saturday Danny took us to Joseph, Oregon, which is a cute little town, somewhat like Seaside to me, lots of things to look at, some history to learn, good food to eat and then the scenery!  We went out to Wallowa Lake, and it was really beautiful.  We stopped at the lake and stuck our feet in and saw some deer up close and personal, then we went on a 2 mile hike up to some waterfalls which was cool!  Ali thought she was a real hiker, singing and marching all the way!



Then yesterday, we drove up to Coeur d'Alene and went to a little amusement park called 'Silverwood'.  It is about half the size of Lagoon, and less grown-up rides, but the rides they DO have are twice as good as Lagoon, so I guess it evens out!  Danny thought that it would be hilarious to take me on a ride called AFTERSHOCK! which is a ride that we heard they got from Six Flags.  Just to describe it a little bit, they strap you in and your feet are dangling, then they pull you up a vertical tower until you are really high, and you are hanging face down suspended...then they drop you and you go straight down then go up around twisting and turning upside down and around until you go straight up another parallel vertical tower and stop...this time hanging face up suspended...then they drop you again and you do the whole thing backwards again...at a REALLY high rate of speed!  You end at the top of the first tower hanging face down once again before the last drop to SAFETY and FREEDOM!  It was the scariest thing I have ever done...and as the kid next to me said when it was over, "THAT was NOT entertaining!"  Ha!  I'm over it now...and too bad Daniel...I SURVIVED!!  Ha! Ha!  After that scary ride, Danny took me on the funnest roller coaster I've ever been on, a really large wooden roller coaster with some awesome vertical drops and tunnels and it made up for the ride before!  It was a great day, and I had a lot of fun watching Ali ride on her rides and watching Grant for a few hours so Trisha and Danny could have some fun by themselves, too!


My cute little kids having fun at Silverwood...I had a great time and my thanks to all of them for putting up with me!!  

3 comments:

Elder Gary and Sister Linda Bennett said...

Kristi, This little Grant has the bluest eyes I have ever seen! What a cutie!
Aunt Linda

K Lind said...

How fun! I am proud of you for going on that scary ride! I am not so brave!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

We're happy for you, you have really deserved this VACATION! It's been a busy summer for all of your family. We hope things slow down a little in the future.
Darling pictures of all the kids -- cute, cute kids!!!
Have a wonderful time!