Sunday, August 3, 2008

What's New?

So I made it back from Girl's Camp...what a hoot!  I had a lot of fun with the girls playing in the water and boating.  Except for all the dirt and the camping thing, the rest was Great!  The Young Women were awesome, the food was pretty good (dutch oven chicken and potatoes, cobbler and homemade ice cream...not bad!) and we had a great time swimming and boating and laying in the sun!  Campfires at night were the best, lots of laughs and visiting, and roasting biscuits (I'm a pro now!) What can I say...like a weekend at Bernie's!

I came home to find Brent had made it safely home from Florida, even after Jake took him to the wrong airport by accident...he still made it to the right one and made his flight!   And Tanessa and Addi had arrived safely in Florida, passing Grandpa somewhere in the air.  Tanessa said that with the exception of a dirty diaper incident toward the end of the flight, Addi did very well on her first flight!  So they are there with Jake and starting to get settled in.

Tanessa told me that it might be a few days until they have internet, so I thought I would post a few pictures that Brent took of their new home while he was there.  All of these were from the outside...the first one is the front of their new apartment.



























This is the back, which is just a short way away from the little playard.




























I guess starving College students have to rough it a little!  Ha!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I didn't know Jake took Dad to the wrong airport. When did they figure that one out? Anyway, good to see a few pictures of the apartment.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Thanks for posting the pic's of Tess' place in Florida -- it may be awhile before she gets settled enough to send some.
Your Girl's Camp thing sounds like a summer vacation -- really "toughing it", huh?
Love You!