Friday, August 22, 2008

TuMbliNG OlyMPicS!

On Wednesday I was able to go down to Utah to see the kids tumbling show.  Emmy and Carter were the littlest ones in the class, Carter was the only boy...but they were really awesome!  Since they are in the youngest class, they haven't let them do a lot of flips or things like that, but they have their cartwheels and handstands down pretty good, and their diving rolls and stuff like that!  After the show, they were awarded their medals,  Ashton got his medal on Tuesday, too although I didn't get to see his show, or get a picture of him with his medal.  These are just a couple of shots with them and their medals  
(I'm pretty sure they were GOLD!)







Emmy and Carter
with their medals.












Mini Olympic
Tumbling Show.






This was just a couple of their moves on the trampoline.
Finally, some jumps and flips!

I wasn't able to stay for their gymnastics show on Thursday afternoon.  Had planned to, but then I got feeling bad and had to skip out and go home...I felt really bad, and I know the kids were sad, but hope they understood, Sorry once again...but I enjoyed getting to see you all.  I didn't get any pictures of Lilly, but she is crawling all over the place and pushing herself into sitting position, she can feed herself and wave "Hi".  She is sure cute and always smiling!  Ashton was trying very hard to be a "nice boy" while Grandma was there, he did pretty good.  We had a couple of whine sessions, but I think we made friends and he liked me enough to come sit on the patio swing with me for quite a while!  He is darling with the cutest smile, if he could just keep the frowny face from creeping in!  Emmy and Carter are excited to start school on Monday and had to show me all their new school clothes and model them.  It was great to get to see them again and get hugs and kisses and see all their awesome skills!  Maybe we have some future Olympic stars in our family!

3 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Sorry you missed their show, hope you are feeling better.
Cute pictures -- Thanks for posting them so we and see them too.

Heather said...

I explained to the kids that Gramma was really sick and that's why she couldn't stay. Emmy and Carter both said they were sad, but understood. They are having a great time with their gymnastics adn they were sure glad that you got to see one of their shows! Hope all goes well with your health!

Cami said...

Looks like you have some future Olympians in the family! WOW! Jaron's kids are getting so BIG. I remember when I used to watch your kids when Clinton was just a baby. You lived in some apartments behind Carillone Square........that was just a few years ago, wasn't it?
Hope you get to feeling better! It's not serious is it?