Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Paint, Paint, Paint!


That's what I've been up to for the last few days!  Clinton's house has come to the point of the finish work, so last week he was puttying and Brent was caulking, and then they sprayed all the woodwork and the ceilings...Then it was my turn to go and help out.  I am the 'cutter-inner', which means my brush hand gets pretty tired!  Clint and I painted the kitchen, dining, back entry and living room on Thursday.  Then on Friday I helped a little with the Laundry room, but then I started helping Brent with the hardwood floor.  We worked on that all day Saturday and was able to finish it up, Clint and Katie painted bathrooms and laundry room, in preparation for the tile.  They worked all day yesterday and today laying the tile, and Brent and I switched off and did the painting.  We got all the entry way and hallway and Master Bedroom done, so just a couple more bedrooms to go!  Tomorrow they are installing all the cabinets and granite, and all the light fixtures and electrical outlets, then on Thursday the appliances will be delivered and installed.  Brent has to lay the entry way wood floor and build the railing and they have to build a couple of stairways from the bay doors outside going down to the back patio.  Then...it's just about done, except for the carpet!!  Oh yeah, I forgot, Clinton still has to rock the fireplace, too!

1 comment:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Looks like colors are the order of the day!! Clint & Katie usually like to wonderful color coordinates, huh?
It's beginning to look like it's nearly done. I'm so excited for them and hope they can get in soon.
Thanks for the pictures -- we love seeing the progress.