Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ice Cream...

So tonight we had a little Ward Activity and our good friend Dave Wheat came and made his famous home-made ice cream for us.  I have had it before, at Girl's Camp...so I was excited for Brent to try it.  I have raved about it to some of you...it seriously is the best home-made ice cream I've ever had...actually, the best ice cream I've ever had!  So Bro. Wheat was kind enough to pass his recipe along to me and said I could share it with you...make some up for your Thanksgiving pies, it'll be scrupdilyisious!

3 cups of Milk
1 and 3/4 cups of Sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups of Half and Half
1 Tbls. Vanilla Extract
3 cups of Whipping cream

Scald milk until bubbles form around the edge.  Remove from heat.  Add sugar and salt, stir until dissolved.  Stir in half and half, vanilla and whipping cream.  Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes...then freeze in a 4 Quart ice cream freezer!  Easy as that....but SOOOO Good!

6 comments:

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Sounds really good -- wish I had an ice cream freezer so I could try it! But, alas -- missionary supplies don't include ice cream freezers.
Dad says it's cold enough outside this week to freeze it if it were placed on our doorstep.
What I want to know is where you get those cute little pictures you are including on your blog?? Makes for a picturesque addition!
Thanks!! Have a fun Thanksgiving.

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

Google Images- what can I say, you can find any picture you need! About the ice cream...I have seen them freeze ice cream in a coffee can with a smaller covered can inside...ice and salt are around it in the coffee can, and then you just sit and roll it with your feet back and forth and it freezes in the smaller can...maybe?

Katie said...

MMMMMMM! I will definitely be trying this.

Elder Gary and Sister Linda Bennett said...

Great idea! Sounds really good.